Looking for a way to use zucchini? Our little garden has yielded more zucchini than I thought possible! I decided a gratin would be a nice change from my usual saute with onions. Ina makes these will all kinds of vegetables. The definition of gratin is a dish with light brown crust of bread crumbs or cheese.
- One large zucchini or several small
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Grated Italian cheese blend
- Kosher salt, pepper
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley
- Spray your dish with cooking spray.
- Slice zucchini thin and line dish in several layers.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Make a mix of bread crumbs about 1/2 cup cheese about 1/4 and enough olive oil to make it crumbly about 2 TBSP.
- Spread mixture over zucchini and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. I like my zucchini soft. I covered after about 15-20 minutes so bread crumbs didn't get too dark.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, hot pepper flakes (optional) and juice of 1/2 lemon.
I love the simplicity of this dish and that’s is homegrown. Don’t worry it’s packaged with lots of flavor! I hope you give it a try!
Linking to: AKA Design