I’m on a bit of a Chinese takeout kick! Today it’s Pioneer Woman’s Beef & Broccoli from Food Network. We like extra sauce for the rice (learned my lesson after the Chung Pao Chicken last week!) so my version is below. I don’t know if you have this problem when cooking meat or chicken but I tend to worry that it’s not done so I overcook it! Today I let the pan and oil get really hot before I put in the beef it browned in about 20-30 seconds on each side and it was delicious! Not tough just tender and juicy. Be sure to just put it in a single layer.
The great thing about making a couple of these Chinese takeout dinners, you can use your ingredients for multiple meals.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound beef for stir fry
- olive oil
- 1 crown broccoli cut into small pieces
- 14 oz can cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- minute rice
- Mix the soy sauce, cornstarch, sherry, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Pour half over the meat in a bowl and toss. Reserve the other half of the liquid.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet or wok over high heat. Add the broccoli and stir for a minute. Remove to a plate.
- Allow the skillet to get very hot again. Add the meat in a single layer. Spread out the meat as you add it to skillet. Turn the meat to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove to a clean plate.
- Pour the reserved sauce into the skillet along with the beef broth and oyster sauce. Cook over high heat until it starts to thicken. Add the beef and broccoli back into the skillet and toss to coat.
- Serve over rice.
I am selling my Cricut machine with several font cartridges. It’s in very good shape and I have the tools and some used mats that go with it as well! If you’re interested please send me an email susandu@msncom. It’s in great condition!