I loved this recipe! So easy to put together!
It went over big with the whole family. Might be a new family favorite. Normally, I bake my meatballs but frying them makes them SO good!
Love the one or in this case, two pot dinners, can’t beat it.
I got the recipe over at Life in Grace and changed it up a little :) My recipe is below. I made my meatballs like I normally do like for any Sunday supper.
- One pound organic beef
- Handful of Italian style bread crumbs
- one egg
- salt & pepper
- Three cloves of garlic minced
- handful of pecorino cheese
- One 28 oz can of San Marzano tomatoes
- Good helping of baby spinach (I used fresh)
- Couple TBSP of half & half
- Mix beef, salt & pepper, egg, cheese, bread crumbs and garlic and form into golf ball size meatballs.
- Fry in a cast iron skillet in olive oil making sure to turn and brown all sides.
- Add tomatoes and break up. I also added about a 1/2 cup of water. Let cook for a few minutes then add spinach until wilted and half & half.
- Add mozzarella cheese and baked under broiler until bubbling.
- I served over Ziti pasta.