Before I share my quick dinner idea I wanted to let you know I’m a guest contributor over at The 36th Avenue! The lovely Desiree is featuring one of my posts to share with her readers. Her blog is filled with beautiful projects, decorating and so much more. I would be thrilled if you would stop over and see me there!
Sometimes you just need a quick weeknight dinner, right? I’ve got one for you, sausage with peppers & onions. The kids all have activities going and a sit down dinner isn’t in the cards some nights. Super simple sandwiches and it was loved by 4 out of 5 family members, not bad. I made a side of macaroni and cheese to go with it.
- One onion
- One green pepper
- Hoagie rolls
- Chicken or your favorite sausage
- Provolone or your favorite cheese
- Slice onion and pepper.
- Saute onions in a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add peppers and continue to cook for about 20 minutes until caramelized.
- Put the rolls under the broiler for a minute until golden brown,
- Layer on provolone.
- Add the sausage, peppers & onions.
- Finish with a little mustard and dinner is served!