I made these salted toffee pretzel brownies today. I thought I’d share the recipe with you. Here is the link to the original recipe. These were really good. You get that salty sweet in every bite!
Salted Chocolate Carmel Pretzel Brownies
- ½ C butter, softened
- ¾ C brown sugar
- ¼ C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ C all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ C crushed pretzels
- ½ C chocolate chips
- ½ C toffee bits (that's what I had in the pantry!) orig. recipe call for caramel
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Stir in pretzels, chocolate chips, and toffee bits.
- Spread dough into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown.
- Cool before cutting.
Love of Home 2015