I love pastry hearts. They are light & sweet with a little crunch. I think the homemade version is better than the bakery. They are super quick, easy and need just a few ingredients. They make great little gifts too!
- puff pastry
- powdered sugar
- half & half
- vanila extract
- Thaw puff pastry.
- Layout on floured surface.
- Sprinkle with sugar and press into pastry.
- Fold both sides in about 1".
- Fold again.
- Fold so they meet in the middle (see photos).
- Cut into 12 pieces.
- Place cut sides down on baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes on first side and then turn over and bake another 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar with a few tablespoons of half & half.
- Add a dash of vanilla & cinnamon to your liking.
- Mix until smooth and a nice consistency to drizzle.
- Drizzle on baking rack over a cookie sheet and let harden.
Linking to Gooseberry Patch