I know I’ve been posting a lot of home ideas so I hope my recipe readers will welcome today’s post! I’ve got a quick dinner idea to share with you today. When I say quick it’s about a 10 minute meal! Disclaimer, you must love olives. This recipe is courtesy of my friend Susie who graciously shared it with me. Thanks Suz!
- One pound angel hair pasta
- One jar green olives with pimentos (med. jar)
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Start water for pasta first thing.
- Saute 3-4 chopped garlic cloves in about 1/2 (maybe more) cup olive oil until soft.
- Add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add olives that have been roughly chopped.
- Cook angel hair according to package and add to pan with olive and olives to coat pasta.
- Serve warm with a dusting of grated cheese.
I went easy on the red pepper flakes at first but I ended up adding more, it balanced out the briny taste of the olives. You could definitely serve with any type of pasta but the angel hair makes this a super quick meal! I think next time I might add artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers. I think they would pair nicely with the olives.