I was watching the best things I ever ate on Food Network and they had this big plate of nachos. A light bulb moment, why haven’t I made these for dinner before? I did a loaded baked pork version with black beans and all the fixings. I ended up making them in batches which worked out well. One child off to practice, two others after skating and I made my husband a soft shell burrito to take with him since he had driving duty. Wrapped in tinfoil and he was all set with dinner to go!
This is a terrific week night dinner. Leftovers can be used for wraps!
- Pork tenderloin about 1 1/4 pounds
- 1 can black beans
- 2 Avocados
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Black Olives
- Tostitos or your favorite tortilla chips
- Pickled jalapeños
- Season the tenderloin with a mixture of salt, pepper, brown sugar and ketchup.
- Add apple juice or other liquid to the crock pot so about 1/3 to 1/2 the pork is covered.
- Cook the pork on low for about 4 hours. Cut into cubes.
- Mash up the avocados and add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- On a cookie sheet add a layer of tortilla chips, pork, black beans and cheese and put under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly and nachos get a little color on them.
- Add the salsa, olives and jalapeños.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and guacamole.
These are super for a weeknight meal and portable too!