We had a college visit last week and another this week which is exciting and a little scary. Honestly, I can’t imagine home without her every day. She’s my go-to when I need a little sanity. It makes my heart ache to think about it but I will manage as I always do. Being a mom has been the single greatest gift in my life. She is my first baby and no matter how old she always will be. Pray that this momma can let go as we know we are meant to do. It’s a lot easier said than done though.
My youngest loves to help in the kitchen and it’s fun having a helper. Plus, it’s great for the ego when he says things like “Mom you’re a beast, you could beat Bobby Flay!” If you don’t watch Food Network you probably won’t get that but if you do then you know how funny that is. NO one beats Bobby Flay!
I got the idea for this soup from the lovely Ms. Edie’s blog (the link to the original is in the recipe section). As usual, I didn’t adhere to the recipe exactly. I am a recipe rebel. I can hear you laughing, although that would make a good blog name, wouldn’t it?
The weather has been perfect for soup so we whipped this up the other night and it was REALLY good! We will definitely make again.
- White meat of rotisserie chicken diced
- Two cartons chicken stock
- One sweet onion diced
- Carrots chopped. I had carrot slices and then I chopped those. About 1 1/2 cups.
- One cup jasmine rice
- A good bowl of spinach torn and stems taken off.
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Juice of two lemons or a few drops of lemon essential oil *YL*
- Saute onion in olive oil and butter until semi soft. Add carrots and saute until tender. Add stock, simmer. Add rice and cook about 20 minutes, add chicken warm through and add juice of two lemons and spinach.
- Serve with fresh bread.
See you soon. Have a great week! Susan