We had some friends over and I made this lemon ricotta pound cake. I love ricotta so I thought I’d give it a whirl. It was really moist and delicious.
The original recipe is Giada’s but I used the one at Alexandra cooks. I’m not a fan of orange liquor so I opted for the adapted recipe which calls for lemon zest & juice which I prefer.
Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- zest of one lemon (use more if you like more lemon flavor, i used one and it was mild)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Oven to 350, grease 9" x 5" loaf pan really well.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cream butter, sugar & ricotta until blended. It wont be totally smooth, that's ok!
- Add eggs one at a time, add vanilla, lemon juice & zest until combined.
- Add dry ingredients in small amounts at a time until all combined.
Love of Home 2015
Baking time will vary, I ended up at 65 minutes. It’s done when it pulls away from the side of the pan and toothpick comes out clean. If the top gets too brown you can loosely cover with foil for the last few minutes. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a cooling rack. Use a knife around the sides to loosen if necessary. Wait until completely cooled to cut!