I served these pretty Lavender Vanilla Cupcakes With Orange Frosting my Summer Social!
Did you know you can use YL essential oils in your baking and cooking?
We have an entire line of vitality oils (means you can ingest them).
They are clearly labeled so there’s no guessing!
I use lemon oil in my water, lime oil in my guacamole, copaiba, and thieves oils in my tea.
They support the systems of our bodies in so many ways.
These cupcakes were SO good, everyone loved them!
**Please note I only use YL oils.
Here we go!
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 2 1/3 cups plus 2 Tablespoons cake flour, not self-rising
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract (use 3 Tablespoons if not using vanilla beans)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 drops Lavender Vitality Essential Oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 drops Orange Vitality Essential Oil
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Orange slices, for garnish
- Lavender sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 18 to 25 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar and vanilla bean seeds. Blend using the back of a tablespoon to loosen any clumps of seeds, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, milk, and Lavender Vitality Essential Oil. Mix for 1 minute. Add flour mixture and blend well.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and Orange Vitality Essential Oil together in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Add sugar 1 cup at a time on low speed until completely combined.
- Increase the speed to high and mix until very fluffy and smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Lavender Vitality supports the cardiovascular and nervous system.
Orange Vitality supports your digestive and immune systems and promotes healthy skin.
You can grab your Young Living starter kit here (which includes lavender vitality oil!).