Barefoot Contessa is one of my favorite Food Network shows to watch. I love that she has guests and they show her shopping. It’s so much more interesting than just cooking. I love seeing her set tables and bits of her life. Her home reminds me of Nantucket, one of my favorite places in the world. Her style is simple but elegant and I love so many of her recipes. I joke with my daughter that I’d like to be her BFF!
I wanted to make something for my family for lunch but thought I’d make them a little more special. The sandwiches are so easy to put together! Just switch out the bread for the puff pastry. I used half provolone and half Gruyere. I also switched out the Dijon for a Honey Dijon.
They are really pretty too, perfect for brunch, lunch with friends or as a treat for your family.
- One box of Puff Pastry
- 1/2 pound of ham, I used Wegman's ham off the bone
- Cheese, I used half provolone and half Gruyere
- Honey Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 450.
- Let puff pastry defrost and roll out slightly.
- Add mustard, layer one ham and cheese.
- Add egg wash around edges of first layer.
- Put second layer of pastry over top and press down lightly.
- Egg wash top and add a few slits to let air escape.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (my oven bakes a bit hot).
- Cool slightly before cutting into 9 portions.
- I used Slipat to roll out and bake on.
Need a Silpat? You can find one here. *Affiliate link.
Sharing at Lamberts Lately