“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media® Smithfield® and Farmland®, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #GetUpandGrill #GetFiredUpGrilling
Today I’m making barbecue ribs! During the winter months I usually toss them in the crockpot but now that the sun is shining I’m starting them in the oven, then finishing them on the grill! I’m using the Smithfield spare ribs I bought at Walmart. Be sure to stop by the website and join/enter the sweepstakes! I was so happy to dust off the grill and fire it up! They carry baby back ribs as well, they are also a favorite!
I like to make my own barbecue sauce. Its super simple. 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup chili sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar packed, salt & pepper to taste. I combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for a few minutes. This makes enough to brush on the ribs on the grill and have extra for dipping.
- For the barbecue sauce: I
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- salt & pepper to taste
- For the rub:
- 1tsp. garlic powder
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- Sprinkle rub all over meat on both sides.
- Place on double layer of tinfoil.
- Layer onions and garlic over the meaty side of the ribs.
- Cover with more foil.
- Bake at 275 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours. Meat should be nearly falling off the bone.
- I this point I let cool and put in refrigerator overnight.
- The meat stays together better when cooled before grilling.
- Baste with barbecue sauce.
- Grill on med-low for about 8 minutes on each side brush with barbecue on both sides.
- Grill until warmed through and slightly charred.
“Visit the Get Fired Up Grilling website www.getfiredupgrilling.com for additional recipes and tips from BBQ Pitmasters Moe Cason and Tuffy Stone. Also enter to win a trip to the American Royal BBQ contest and other great grilling prizes!”