I’ve got my homemade ice cream cake recipe to share with you!My kiddos love ice cream cake but if you buy one they are pretty expensive. You can make one with a short list of ingredients for a lot less and it’s super easy!
My kiddos love ice cream cake but if you buy one they are pretty expensive. You can make one with a short list of ingredients for a lot less and it’s super easy!
I’ve made a couple versions but I used the recipe below for this one. (If you can really call it a recipe!)
- Box of ice cream sandwiches
- Box of instant chocolate pudding
- Cool Whip
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Mix pudding with 1 1/2 cups whole milk (package says use 2 but this makes it thicker)
- Break up oreo cookies. I used a food processor to make oreo crumbs but if you want bigger pieces that works too.
- Put a big scoop of the cool whip and fold into the pudding (About half)
- Unwrap ice cream sandwiches
- Put down a layer of pudding in the middle of your dish
- Lay four sandwiches across, add a layer of the chocolate pudding and the oreo crumble.
- Keep layering finishes with sandwiches and top cool whip and oreo crumbles.
- This serves 8, You could easily double for a larger crowd.
This recipe will not disappoint I promise! You can use caramel in the middle or any other favorite cookie in place of the oreos!