Need a healthy after school snack? Crunchy Peanut Butter Bites! I love country music; you are probably wondering what country music has to do with this yummy treat? Well Trisha Yearwood made them on her show with her husband Garth Brooks! See I told you they were connected! All kidding aside, I knew my kids would love these. I was inspired to make my own recipe to include what I had on hand and something with less sugar. You can find her recipe here. If you have never seen her show it’s really fun, she cooks with her family & friends. She seems like someone you’d like to be friends with!
WIth the kids back to school I wanted to have a treat for them when they get home! A great little after school snack!
- 1 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 TSP confectioner sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1/2 TSP vanilla
- Warm peanut butter, honey, butter & vanilla in microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Mix cereal, oats, mini chips & confectioner sugar.
- Add peanut butter mixture to dry ingredients until coated.
- Form into balls. It's pretty sticky so I used two spoons and then put them in the refrigerator to set.
Linking to: Ladybug Blessings