What’s for dinner? Crockpot Chicken a la King. There’s nothing like a good meal in the crockpot, especially in the Winter and there’s plenty of that to go around here! This is a comfort food dinner at it’s best. Served over hot rolls right from the oven.
- Can of cream of mushroom
- Can of cream of celery
- Can of water
- One chopped onion
- Two cups of carrots chopped or diced
- Cup of frozen peas
- Three chicken breast
- Your favorite rolls!
- Put the crockpot on low and spray with cooking spray (it helps with cleanup).
- Mix the two cans of soup and water in the crockpot.
- Saute the onions and carrots for a few minutes to soften them before I put them in but you can skip this step if you want.
- Add the chicken breast on top in a single layer.
- Let cook for about 3-4 hours, flipping the chicken over once.
- Add the peas for the last hour.
- You can tell when the chicken is done it falls apart. I shredded it this time but you can cut it in chunks too.
- **If you want to add add the rolls right to the top of the chicken and put on high for the last hour you can make it all the crockpot. I've done it this way and one child didn't like that the biscuits were in the sauce so now I cook them separately in the oven. It's more like chicken and dumplings this way