Hello! I’m back today with a super easy dinner idea, Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings. I love crockpot cooking it’s great for those days when you are running all over or are working all day. You can come home and most of the work is done for you!
Just a few minutes of prep and you’re good to go!
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom or cream chicken, or celery.
- Can of water
- 1/2 diced onion
- three garlic cloves chopped
- 8oz bag of baby carrots sliced
- Cup of frozen peas
- 3-4 chicken breasts (halves) chicken breast
- Grands refrigerated rolls
- Add onion, carrots, and garlic to the crockpot.
- Add both cans of soup and one can of water.
- Add chicken.
- If chicken is frozen cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- If fresh, cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Last hour turn on high, add the peas and put the rolls on top of the ingredients and let cook for one hour.
- They will be cooked through but soft and dumpling like.
This makes a great home cooked meal when you are busy and the leftovers are great! My oldest son doesn’t like the biscuits soft so I keep a couple out and bake his. You think they are not going to cook in there but they turn our great! Just be sure to put it on high for the last hour. They raise and stick to the sides of the crockpot so by the time they are done cooking they barely touch the mixture under them.