Hi, I’ve got one of my all time favorite desserts to share with you. I love a good dessert! I grew up with my mom making these, they are delicious!
The shells are from the Better Home and Gardens cookbook, page 251 in the newer version if you have it!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour (all purpose)
- 4 eggs
- pudding, ice cream or whip cream
- mom's filling:
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk scalded
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP butter
- For shells:
- combine water, butter and salt. Bring to boil, add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir until forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating well with a wooden spoon after each.
- Drop 12 heaping TBSP fo dough onto a greased baking sheet (I use a Silpat).
- Bake at 400 for 30 -35 minutes until golden. Cool
- Cut tops and remove any dough from inside carefully.
- For mom's cream:
- Scald milk. In bowl mix cornstarch, sugar, egg yolks with 1/4 cup milk. Add to scalded milk, stir until thick. Remove from stove add vanilla and butter!
- This isn't a real sweet cream. Top with a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar!
Don’t forget you don’t have to make your own cream! You can use whip cream, your favorite pudding, ice cream, pretty much anything you like! Thank you for coming by!