I have no idea where I got this recipe or why it’s called Cowboy casserole but I’ve been making it for a few years. It’s easy to put together and all the food groups are present. I’ve made it for family & friends and they enjoy it. It makes great leftovers too. Here is the pre-oven shot.
- One pound ground turkey
- One can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup (I've used both)
- Cup of milk
- 80z bag of shredded cheddar
- One onion diced
- One cup corn canned or frozen (I've used both)
- One bag of Crispy Crown or Tator tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Saute onions until soft, add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Add soup, milk, corn and a handful of shredded cheddar, mix together.
- Line casserole dish with a layer of crispy crown, add onion & meat mixture over the top.
- Add the rest of the crispy crown and cover with the remainder of the shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until brown and bubbly.
Enter the Target card giveaway here.