I’ve been really trying to meal plan for the week so that dinners don’t seem so daunting.
Coming up with ideas is half the battle for me. I use Pinterest and Food Network for most of my ideas.
This is my version of Buffalo Chicken soup because I can never follow a recipe exactly.
- Half head of cauliflower
- Box of chicken stock
- Yellow onion
- Couple diced carrots
- Two stalks of celery diced
- 8oz cream cheese
- Two cups shredded or diced chicken (I use meat from one rotisserie chicken).
- Hot sauce
- In one pot I added the cauliflower and stock and cooked until the cauliflower was soft.
- Puree with immersion blender or in a regular blender until smooth. If using a regular blender be careful when blending a hot mixture don't fill the blender all the way.
- In stock pot saute onion and carrots until soft.
- Add stock puree.
- Cube cream cheese and add to stock, warm slowly. Don't boil.
- Add about 1/4 cup hot sauce. (start with less you can always add more depending on how spicy you want it!)
- Add chicken and warm through.
- Serve with celery on top for crunch.
- Next time I think I'd add rice or more vegetables for a heartier soup.
- We actually crumbled up tortilla chips on top.
- You can add crumbled blue cheese, we skipped this.