If you are like us and don’t have a pool you know the really hot days can be long if you spend them inside. After a few days of mainly staying indoors we found some great ways to stay cool.
1. Wash the Car. The kids came up with a list of things they could do to earn a few dollars over the summer. Cleaning and washing the car was one of them. Today was the perfect day to get out the hose and give the car a wash. It was well worth the money on my end and they had fun after most of the work was done getting wet!
2. Slip-n-Slide. I buy a new one of these nearly every year. Target has a few different kinds and for $20-$30 it will provide hours of fun. A great way to spend a sunny afternoon. Also, is a great tool for practicing baseball sliding!
3. Water Balloons. The one is great and cheap! The Dollar Tree had balloons and Target had them with the little adapter for the spigot to make filling the balloons super easy for the kids.
4. Sprinkler. You probably have one of these in the garage for the lawn. No matter how old they are it seems the enjoy out running the sprinkler.
5. Squirt Guns. Despite the fact that I have two boys we never really had many toy guns. I recently let them purchase (with their money) a set of squirt guns to play with in the yard on days like today.
If you have more ideas, please feel free to share them in the comments!