Who doesn’t like to try and save a few dollars? Every little bit helps. Here are five simple ways I save money. I hope you find something here that will work for you too!
1. I use a Target card when I shop at Target. I shop there anyway so why not benefit from it? Our school gets money too! So it’s a win win. Did you know you can designate a not for profit to get the percentage of what you spend? Super easy. Plus, if you have a Red card you get extra coupons in the mail all the time! I also get the coupons texted to my phone. I get a new set every week. If you buy something listed the cashier just scans your phone.
2. I color my own hair. I know some people are afraid to try it but it’s really pretty easy and it’s SO much cheaper than going to the salon. I use Loreal Preference and there are always coupons for it. Sometimes I only pay $5 a box.
3. We get the Sunday paper for the coupons. This is an easy one. What I try to do is only cut the coupons for the things we use. Like toothpaste, shampoo, cereal, etc. This way I’m not buying things we don’t need or use. I’m just saving on things I would buy anyway. My last trip to Target I save over $50 with coupons, sales & my 5% off. I stocked up on shampoo, soap, hair color, deodorant, snacks and I have $15 in gift cards to use next time I shop.
4. Whenever I shop, be it at Hobby Lobby or Lord n Taylor (my son wanted a bow tie) I google the store coupons on my phone and there is almost always something I can use. You just show the cashier and the put in the code. Super easy, why not?
5. Plan your menu for the week. This not only saves time but when you make a list and know what you need you’ll likely spend less money when shopping. I find when I go with a complete list I’m less likely to throw extra stuff in the cart. When I go with a list that says, milk, bread and eggs I wander around without a plan and spend more money.
Have a great tip to share? I’d love to hear it. Please share in the comments!
Linking to Living Well Spending Less Thrifty Thursday.