I hope you enjoyed your weekend.
We had baseball and more baseball.
The weather turned out to be lovely!
I’ve got an easy side to share with you today, stuffed bell peppers.
I made pulled pork in the crockpot and stuffed bell peppers as the side.
My two teens are wanting more vegetables, every mother’s dream, right?
I didn’t follow a recipe but I used what I had in the pantry as the filling. You could easily add chicken or beef making this a meal. I love that you can really make these to suit your family’s tastes or use what you have on hand.
Here’s my recipe.
- Five bell peppers, I had more stuffing that I'll use for tacos or something else.
- Two cups cooked rice. Used a little over one cup for five peppers.
- One can of black beans, rinsed. Half a can.
- One can of corn, half a can.
- One can of petite diced tomatoes. Half a can.
- Two tops of green peppers diced
- salt about 1/2 tsp or to taste
- pepper about 1/4 tsp.
- garlic powder about 1/2 tsp or to taste
- onion powder about 1/2 tsp or to taste
- cumin about 1/4 tsp or to taste
- chili powder about 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Cut tops of peppers off and take out inside of peppers.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese.
- Spoon into pepper.
- Cover with cheese, I used pepper jack and cheddar.
- Cover with tinfoil.
- Bake at 350 for about 45-60 minutes depending on how tender you want the peppers.
- I did mine about 45 minutes.
- Take foil off for the last few minutes of cooking!