I’ve been baking and cooking more than anything these last few weeks. Dinners, lunches, parties, birthdays, you name it! Red, white and blue seems to be the theme. I love to use it all summer long not just for the 4th of July.
One of our favorite snacks is the ole’ rice krispie treat! They are probably the easiest treat to put together! We always have the ceral, butter and a bag of marshmallows. In the winter it’s for our cocoa and the summer it’s for smores, all year round for our treats!
Ok, so where does the red, white and blue come it? Sprinkles of course! I put them on when they are still warm and gently tap them in with parchment paper so they stick.
- 3 TBSP butter
- one bag of marshmallows
- 6-7 cups rice krispies cereal
- Melt butter and marshmallow in large saucepan.
- Once melted add the cereal and stir until everything is coated.
- Pour into lightly sprayed pan and pat down with wax or parchment paper.
- Add sprinkle and tap into bars.
- Let cool and cut into squares!