When I tell people that I use a plant-based cleaner they ask me what I use it on, my answer is everything! If you need a little something more here is a great DIY recipe to make cleaning tabs with a little extra cleaning power perfect for bathroom jobs!
This recipe for DIY cleaning tabs isn’t limited to bathroom cleanup! Use it with water when you want a cleaning paste for those tough jobs like bathrub, showers, sinks, pots and pans or other tough cleaning jobs.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid *I got this one on Amazon
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons Lemon essential oil or Thieves or Citrus Fresh essential oil blends (about 40 drops) You can order your EO using my link.
- 3 teaspoons V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex
- Silicon Mold
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine water, essential oils or blends, and V-6.
- Pour liquids into the large bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Use mixture to fill ice cube tray or candy mold about three fourths full. If mixture expands and spills over mold, gently repack into the mold.
- Let sit overnight to dry in room temperature area. When dry, pop tablets out and store in a glass jar.
- When needed, put a tablet in the toilet bowl, hard-to-clean bottles, or sink full of dishes to help clean and deodorize. Let tablet sit in bowl, bottle, or sink for 20–30 minutes to fizz and dissolve. Once dissolved, flush or rinse out.
I recently found this article on the effects of cleaning products on women who clean. https://www.thoracic.org/about/newsroom/press-releases/journal/women-who-clean-at-home-or-at-work-face-increased-lung-function-decline.php
If you’re still using cleaners from the store, please take a minute to read this article!