Need a quick summer dinner? This was so easy to put together! You get your protein, fruit and veggies all in one dish! I did the soft Kings Hawaiian rolls on the side.
I buy the pork cutlets, they are thin and cook really fast. The salsa is easy to put together. I found this recipe while watching The Kitchen.
- Five pork cutlets
- Pork Brine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 cup small-diced pineapple
- 2/3 cup small-diced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely minced jalapenos
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Base Brine:
- Combine the brown sugar, salt, peppercorns, garlic, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and 8 cups (2 quarts) water in a large stockpot and heat just to dissolve the salt and sugar. Chill thoroughly before using.
- Place the pork chops into a glass baking dish or bowl and pour the chilled Base Brine over top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. * I only left them for five hours.
- About an hour before serving, make the salsa. *I omitted a few ingredients see above. Combine the pineapple, zucchini, mint, olive oil, chardonnay, shallots, jalapenos, ginger and some salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Let marinate 1 hour. (This is best if allowed to marinate for 1 hour, but you can also serve it straight away if necessary.)
- When ready to cook the pork, prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Remove the pork chops from the brine, pat dry and allow to sit out while the grill is preheating.
- Season the pork chops on all sides with salt and pepper. Place onto the hot grill and cook until the internal temperature registers 145 degrees F on a meat thermometer, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium (chops will take longer) Allow the pork chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving topped with the salsa.
I’m sorry if you saw this the other day and it disappeared! I had two posts scheduled for the same day!
Check back later this week I’ve got my china cabinet makeover to share with you!