I have wanted to try a cast iron chocolate chip cookie for so long. Honestly, it was so easy I don’t know why I waited. There is nothing like the house filled with the smell of freshly baked cookie! My kids loved this! I served it warm with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce, it was divine! The original recipe is from Pinterest. I changed a couple things, my recipe is below.
- 10 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TSP vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 TSP kosher salt
- 1 full cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the skillet with two tablespoons of the butter. I just left any extra right in the skillet.
- Cream 8 tablespoons of butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to another bowl and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix. Add the chocolate chips until just combined. Press the cookie dough into the prepared skillet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are crisp and the cookie is golden brown.
- Serve cookie wedges with ice cream, a drizzle of hot fudge or chocolate sauce!
Missed the Target card giveaway? It’s not too late, enter here.
Linking to: Thrifty Thursday